Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sunset Beach

Team bonding was amazing, fun, and successful!!!!! Now we're contemplating on whether or not we should rebel and not show up to practice tomorrow, hahahahaha.

We met up around practice time with our bikes. I borrowed Julian's red one but then I ended up having to trade for her yellow-orange one because I am too short and both of her bikes don't allow my feet to touch the ground. With the yellow-orange one, only my toes do. I'm so sad. We biked to the gas station, then back to school because apparently we were waiting for "ez" who went to get Jacob. The junior boys stayed back to wait while the rest decided to bike to the beach first. Along the way, we were all afraid of getting tickets for not wearing our helmets, and the lady police officer yelled at us because we weren't riding in the streets hahaha. Got to Sunset Beach, lugged our bikes into the sand and sat them down. Played a little volleyball. The rest of the gang came, played more volleyball and my team which consisted of Ez, Randall's gf, Christian, Cassie, Jessica, Duc, Selina and me won!!! Then they went into the water while Cassie and I went to the restrooms, which was a long walk. Sat in the sand and talked with her, and she is so cute and funny. They got out, so we all went back and just sat around. Then the boys decided to bury Duc... like always. Took pictures and no one understood the self-timer for my camera LOL.. Half of us went to Subway, then came back and then the rest went because we were afraid someone would steal our bikes after Gabe announced that he realized our bikes together are probably worth more than $5000. Gabe, Randall, his girlfriend and Eddie biked back first because they had to do something, then the rest of us biked back.

On the way back, Tiffany's bike cannot be controlled due to brake issues or something, and crashed into me. I fell into the curb and asphalt and ended up with skinned palms, wrists, knees, and the sides of my hands. They vary in size, but when they were fresh, they stung soooo bad and biking in the wind made it even worse!! Duc said my fall was like "watching a bird get shot, fall down slowly" and I knew that I should just fall wherever it will take me rather than resist it because I will have more bleeding. Hahaha, I hate gravity. Anywaysss, I was a bit scared the rest of the way home. I fell off the bike again when I hit the curb!!! I'm so accident prone. I'll bet it's because the bike was too big for me.

From the point we started biking to the point where we were biking home, there were at least 8 accidents that happened including a popped tire (poor Miguel..), crashes and falls. Also, we learned that the reason why we run is because we are terrible at volleyball.. But it's okay. It was fun :)

I came home to a very warm face and I don't think it's sunburned because it doesn't hurt. It's just red... and I have a v-neck tan so my arms have farmer tans along with a bathing suit top tan. I am just a walking disaster.. I hate it!!!! I'm so embarrassed. I'm going to swim in my neighborhood pool tomorrow to attempt to make things better.

No comments: